Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Forgotten ...

Today, I ate my lunch at centrepoint. When I wanted to back to college, I stopped by and watched the Chinese trio(traditional musical performance by 3 people) a Chinese lute, dulcimer and flute. I saw nobody watched it, but they still play with full enthusiasm and joy. It's really wonderful. Unfortunately, I had a class after that and I can't watched until the end, I just watched for a few minutes only. I wonder why.

The society now doesn’t really know how to appreciate the traditions leave by the ancestors. What they concern now are all related to materials, in other words, materialism. As we can see now, most of the children speak English, they don’ t know how to speak their mother tongues. It’s seem that they really proud that they can speak fluently, but not in my case. It’s true that we need to master that language, but at the same time, we can not forget our own languages, for they are our roots. We need to preserve and protect our own heritages. So, in my point of view, we need to search for the modern world now and not forget about what we need to keep and protect.

1 comment:

  1. 对牛弹琴
    Pity that artists. I strongly agree your viewpoint. They also want to earn a living, even they know their skill is not apprecited by people.

    ReplyDelete